LOCAL EMPLOYMENT PLANS TAILORED TO THE NEEDS OF THE LOCAL LABOUR MARKET OF THE MUNICIPALITIES OF MARKOPOULO MESOGAIA, SPATA-ARTEMIDA AND PALLINI
The Development Partnership “MESOGAIA” is implementing the Programme «Local Employment Plans tailored to the needs of the local labour market of the Municipalities of Markopoulo Mesogaia, Spata-Artemida and Pallini». The purpose of the implementation of the programme in question is to help the unemployed into employment or entrepreneurship and to assist Young Professionals in expanding their existing business or modernizing their primary activity so as to make them viable and competitive.
The project will focus on areas of the economy which will directly benefit the local economy and the prosperity of the area. The Development Partnership will exploit the experience of all its members to provide meaningful support to the project in the form of expertise and back-up to promote the creation of new job positions and of new and social enterprises. Furthermore, local businesses will be able to reinforce their activities using specially trained personnel.
The programme is directed to a total of 78 beneficiaries, of whom 71 are unemployed and 7 Young Professionals. The target groups will need to have the following characteristics:
- Unemployed of all categories, entered on the unemployed persons register of the Manpower Employment Organization (OAED) and with a current unemployment card or
- Young Professionals (doctors, veterinarians, pharmacists, lawyers, engineers) who are graduates of universities or engineering schools, and who meet the conditions laid down in the Invitation to Express Interest and are residents of the Municipalities of Markopoulo Mesogaia, Spata-Artemida and Pallini.
Having regard to the development potential of the Municipalities where the programme is to be implemented, the Development Partnership has designed a comprehensive plan with actions including:
- Publicity and awareness-raising actions to attract beneficiaries and to advertise the Operation.
- Individually tailored advisory support for beneficiaries, to provide vocational guidance and labour market integration.
- Individually tailored advisory support for young professionals, to assist them in better organizing their businesses.
- Business planning and entrepreneurship advice to assist in setting up individual businesses and Social Cooperative Enterprises and support them in their early stages of operation.
- Networking (physical and digital) among beneficiaries, local social partners, organizations and businessmen, Development Partnerships, etc.
- Coordination and Management of the Operation.
The Development Partnership “MESOGAIA” consists of the following partners:
- ASSET TECHNOLOGICAL LTD (Coordinating partner)
- ON SITE LTD
- Vocational Training Centre – Centre for Business Studies and IT, Vlachou and Co.
- ΙΕΜ SA – Planning and Land Use Research and Studies
- STRATAKOM SA STRATEGY AND COMMUNICATION
- MARKOPOULO MUNICIPAL SOCIAL ENTERPRISE
- ARTEMIS – MUNICIPALITY OF SPATA-ARTEMIDA SPORTS ASSOCIATION
- MUNICIPALITY OF PALLINI
- CREATIVE THINKING & DEVELOPMENT CIVIL NOT-FOR-PROFIT SOCIETY
For more information, please visit the website www.topsamesogaia.gr or call us at: 211-0121016.
The Act is part of Action 7: «Local employment plans, tailored to the needs of local labour markets», of Intervention Category 1: «Active employment policies», in the Thematic Priority Axis: «Facilitating access to employment», of the Operational Programme «Human Resources Development 2007 –2013», which is co-financed by the European Social Fund (ΕSF).